EEG Technologist - Neurology (Roanoke, VA, US, 24014)
Company: Carilion Clinic
Posted on: May 28, 2023
How You'll Help Transform Healthcare: Provides various
neurodiagnostic procedures to patients of all ages as ordered by
physicians with emphasis on obtaining high quality data. -
- Performs various neurodiagnostic procedures to patients of all
ages. -Assures quality studies. -
- Assists in establishing recording criteria for various
technical procedures using guidelines prepared by the American
Society of EEG Technologists and recommendations of equipment
manufacturers with guidance from and approval by the Medical
Director of the Neurodiagnostic laboratory. Annually assists with
review and revision to procedures in accordance with currently
- Shares in responsibility for coordinating laboratory schedule
and assigning priorities according to workload and clinical
- Provides instruction in diagnostic procedures to medical
residents and other healthcare professionals as requested.
- Assists in department's performance improvement program.
- Explains testing procedure to patient and family using age
- Accurately takes and documents a pertinent patient history from
patient or patient's chart.
- Setting up patient for appropriate study to include; patient,
paperwork, room and equipment.
- Runs study with appropriate documentation on study, observation
of the patient, troubleshooting equipment and physiological
artifacts, distinguishing normal from abnormal and utilizing
appropriate resources to perform study.
- Performs routine studies in outpatient adult and pediatric
- Performs routine studies and long-term video monitoring in
inpatient setting - PICU, NICU, PCU, and ICU.
- Processes individual charges for studies.
- Recognizes and takes appropriate action to respond to evolving
patient care needs.
- Demonstrates proper cleaning and disinfection procedures for
the patient, room and equipment before, during and after each
- Utilizes down time for training, cleaning equipment and reading
- Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge independently to
different testing situations.
- Perform needed maintenance on equipment to include
communication of problem to co-workers, appropriate vendor, TSG, or
- Maintains inventory and orders all supplies needed in lab as
- Performs one modality of Neurodiagnostics as well as staying
current with EEG technologies. What We Require: Education:
Preference will be given to applicants with associates degree or
higher. High School diploma for grandfathered Techs. Associates
Degree or Graduation from a Commission on Accreditation of Allied
Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) accredited Neurodiagnostic
Program. Experience: Prior experience as an EEG Technologist highly
desirable. Ability to satisfactorily complete and maintain
competencies. Licensure, certification, and/or registration:
Registry is required once eligible. Must be eligible to obtain
registry within 4 years of hire date for grandfathered employees or
within 2-3 years for employees with an associate degree or higher.
Life Support: AHA BLS-HCP & PALS required or must obtain within 6
months of hire. Other Minimum Qualifications: Strong written and
verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and
problem-solving skills. Self-motivated individual. Aptitude for
detailed record keeping. About Carilion This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected
and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health
system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that
is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of
award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3
NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty
physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of
Medicine and Research Institute. Carilion is where you can make
your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a
difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are
kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us. Requisition
Number: 138585 - Employment Status: Full time - Location: CRMH -
Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital - Shift: Day/Evening - Shift
Details: Weekends and Holidays Recruiter: KIMBERLIE A GONCE -
Recruiter Email: email@example.com For more information,
contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537. Equal Opportunity
Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Carilion Clinic is
a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Carilion Clinic, Roanoke , EEG Technologist - Neurology (Roanoke, VA, US, 24014), Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...