Company: Snowshoe Mountain
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Snowshoe Mountain
Resort in Snowshoe, West VirginiaYear Round
We are looking for people who are passionate about life and what
they do. People who love the mountain lifestyle and who want to be
at Snowshoe! We seek qualified candidates that exemplify our Core
Values of Performance, Integrity, Collaboration, Environment, and
most of all Fun!
Our goal at Snowshoe is to provide exceptional mountain experiences
for our guests, employees, and community. We do so by embracing
authenticity, celebrating our differences, and finding ways we can
all connect through our shared passion for the mountain. At
Snowshoe everyone is welcome, and we encourage you to be yourself.
Simply put, you belong up here and we can't wait to see you on the
Work, Play, Get Paid and Enjoy the Perks:
- Free skiing + riding privileges with direct to lift access at
14 iconic resorts including: Snowshoe Mountain, Stratton, Palisades
Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat and more!
- 401(k) plan (Available to any employee over the age of 18)
- 12 Discounted Friends and Family $25 Winter Lift Ticket
- 30% - 45% off Snowshoe food & beverage locations (excludes
- 30% off soft goods and 15% off hard goods at Snowshoe owned
- Pro Deals from some of the industries top brands such as
Smartwool, Smith, Dakine and North Face
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION
Snowshoe is the premier destination for Mid-Atlantic and Southeast
skiers, snowboarders, and winter enthusiasts. We offer 257 acres of
skiable terrain, 1500 vertical feet, 57 trails and the best snow
around. Enjoy our world class events, cool mountain temperatures,
beautiful vistas and 11,000 acres of unspoiled wilderness.
Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs...what's
important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other
and our guests.
Integrity Performance Environment Fun Collaboration
Maintain and ensure buildings and equipment in assigned areas are
in proper condition and all equipment is operating properly,
efficiently, and safely by following all state and federal codes,
regulations, insurance carrier, and manufacturer requirements;
performing daily inspections, carpentry, and drywall work to ensure
safe operation and maintenance of buildings and equipment.
Additionally, carpenter will assist plumbers, HVAC technicians,
other carpenters, and electricians in keeping all components
This position is responsible for the following job results.
- Works with supervisor to complete work orders for drywall
repairs and painting
- Perform all prescribed maintenance and service on all equipment
and buildings following manufacturers' requirements, federal and
state requirements, and insurance requirements.
- Construct new fabrication as requested. Construct all new
fabrications to codes and regulations.
- Maintain existing structures up to company standards, as well
as national and state code.
- Complete all required maintenance logs and records
- Troubleshoot malfunctions quickly and efficiently to minimize
- Assemble and test machines to verify correction of
- Inspect all equipment and buildings by observing, monitoring,
and adjusting equipment during operations.
- Maintain historical records by ensuring that all maintenance
information on all equipment and systems is recorded in compliance
with company requirements.
- Recording and documenting all work performed.
- Complete, in detail, all work orders so that proper billing can
- Monitor and test equipment regularly and make aware the
supervisor or manager when abnormalities are noted.
- Refer to equipment technical manuals to ensure proper
procedures are followed and proper settings are maintained.
- Notify manager of any conditions or occurrences that may
adversely affect the safety of operation or the quality of our
- Follow the terms of the contracts and agreements that Snowshoe
maintains with individual homeowners' associations and individual
homeowners through the Snowshoe Rental Program.
- Check inventory levels and notify supervisor or manager of any
- Maintain technical and professional knowledge by reading trade
publications, attending trainings, workshops, and communicate with
peers at other Alterra properties. Read and understand operational
manuals, employee handbook and manufacturer manuals.
- Always maintain safe and clean work areas.
- Follow the company safety policies and procedures as well as
manufacturers' safety policies and procedures.
- Attend company and departmental safety training meetings.
- Use proper PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Maintain proper dress code by wearing company uniform when on
- Always conduct yourself in a friendly and courteous manner and
provide efficient, timely service to guests and staff.
- Assist and instruct guests when asked as well as answering
guest or staff concerns.
- Assist other departments in their daily routine pertaining to
the use of equipment.
- Master the location of critical water, sprinkler, electrical
breaker boxes and elevators shut offs in case of emergency.
- Familiarize yourself with basic electronic lock operations and
- Maintain the safety and integrity of electronic lock master key
as well as hard keys
- Working knowledge of all aspects of carpentry.
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: 5 years Building/Carpentry or related experience
- Understands business complexities and assumes responsibility
for driving change
- Leads employees or teams of employees to achieve goals
- Guides employees through periods of change, even during
difficult times or in the face of hard business decisions
- Exhibits honesty, integrity in an environment of mutual respect
and trust, core values, reliability
- Is inquisitive and curious, always asking questions; Seeks new
and/or different or ways to improve the business; Thinks outside
- Is recognized by others (internally and externally) as being
engaged in their role, and someone who can often see things that
others have not
- Inspires, motivates, develops, energizes, and creates engaged
employees, with a solid record of employee retention
- Demonstrates true passion for the job, the resort, and the
- Displays rigorous commitment to the environment, financial and
safety of self, business, and inherent risks through
- Communicates clearly and appropriately - both orally and in
- Responds to questions or requests in a timely manner
- Conducts regular one-on-one and departmental meetings to ensure
a good flow of information
- Recognizes and rewards the achievement of his/her team and
others; Ensures thank-you are delivered
- All communication is down home and strives to improve upon a
high level of guest service in a friendly manner
- Proficient in use of technology to include Excel, Word, the
Internet, desktop publishing and database management software
programs. Is able to learn quickly those applications not
- Achieves high-quality business outcomes for the division as
well as delivering good results that help the business overall
- Delivers highly accurate end-work product personally and
through overseeing others
- Able to analyze numbers and draw conclusions from statistical
- Meets or exceeds financial goals, budgets, forecasts
- Creates successful strategies that produce results, but is also
willing to accept responsibility for shortfalls when
- Ensures a guest driven atmosphere and improves commitment to a
service level that exceed our guests' expectations
- Adapts and is flexible to changing business circumstances
across a season, a fiscal year, and/or multiple years; Exhibits
willingness to change
- Adjusts budgets and reforecasts as needed across the year based
on changing business needs
- Exhibits flexibility in their thinking, will bend when needed,
and will lobby others to change when necessary
- Inspires a unified team through understanding was required for
successful, cooperative, and fun team success
Travel for training, workshops, or company events may be
Any employee or volunteer who operates a company vehicle including
cars, trucks, snowcats, snowmobiles, or heavy equipment is required
to comply with the Driver's Standards Policy. This policy also
applies to employees or volunteers driving their personal vehicles
for company business more than four times per month, averaging 30+
miles per trip. All drivers should receive a full copy of the
Alterra Driver's Standards Policy; if you have not - please contact
your Risk/Safety or HR/EE Department.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends, and
- The primary physical environment in which this position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is high. Often
lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and
painting Ultraviolet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack
of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in
activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snowmobiles, lift equipment, and
tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Acknowledgement of Job Description
I have read this job description. I understand that it in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in
this position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will"
relationship. Associated topics: ayudante de carpintera, ayudante
de carpinteria, ayudante de carpintero, cabinet maker, cabinetry,
carpintero, framer, handyman, upholsterer, woodworker
Keywords: Snowshoe Mountain, Roanoke , Carpenter, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!