Part Time Counselor
Company: BayMark Health Services
Posted on: August 14, 2019
Job DescriptionAppleGate Recovery, a division of BayMark Health
Services, is a multi-site, multi-service organization providing
opioid use disorder treatment and rehabilitation for patients
across the country. Providing high-quality, patient-centered
treatment for addiction to prescription medications and other
opioids remains the focus of AppleGate?s clinics. Combining
evidence-based, medication assisted treatment with counseling and
behavioral services, AppleGate offers the most successful option
for many patients.AppleGate leadership remains actively involved in
the opioid use disorder treatment community, working tirelessly to
improve state and federal regulations by educating policy makers
about the benefits of evidence-based treatments such as methadone
and buprenorphine therapy.Job SummaryProvide treatment and casework
services to patient as directed by the supervisor in compliance
with all applicable laws and regulations and with BayMark?s
policies and procedures. Provide timely documentation of patient
services based on plan of care. Identify other physical,
psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients.
Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in
accordance with the company?s budget. Travel as
necessary.ResponsibilitiesBlacksburg, VA Location:
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely patient files.
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status
and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conducts comprehensive patient assessments and the development
and implementation of patient treatment plans according to
applicable state regulations.
- Provide clinical services and patient care and education and
opiate use disorder counseling services to patients.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
- Provide patient advocacy and liaison services with community
and regulatory agencies as needed.
- Monitor condition of patient to evaluate success of therapy,
and adapt treatment as needed.
- Assist in program evaluation efforts that describe and assess
quality of services
- Comply with any and all Federal and State regulatory standards
- Record body specimen test results (UA?s) in patient file and
uses test results to monitor success of treatment and as a tool for
assessing treatment effectiveness.
- File various types of patient paperwork into chart.
- Coordinates with medical professionals to facilitate
- Document patient progress notes and ensure that frequencies and
counseling units are met.
- Conduct patient intake and orients patient to program.
- Compose and complete all patients? forms, including in-take and
discharge paperwork for patients as required.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in
person meetings and access to a computer without violating company
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in program development activities.
- Participate in counseling supervision sessions.
- Support organizational and departmental philosophies, goals,
and objectives and through own behavior and lead and motivate
others to do so.
- Communicate with physician and TCD regarding pertinent patient
- Regular attendance is to be maintained.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Services
policy is expected.
- Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a
- Interact with all staff in a positive and motivational fashion
supporting the Company?s mission.
- Conduct all business activities in a professional and ethical
- Other duties, as assigned.REQUIREMENTS:Masters Level Clinical
Social Workers (MA, MSc, MSW)Masters Level Clinical Nurse
Specialists (CNS)Licensed Counselors (LPCC)LISW is a requirement
for the Counselor Position? Minimum age requirement of 18.?
Maintain State Certification / Licensure or be in the process of
obtaining Certification / License? Have experience working with
opiate addicted population.? Must have or obtain current
certification in CPR and First Aid.? Exhibits excellent written and
oral communication skills.? Skilled in conducting assessments,
utilization of screening criteria for appropriate patient
placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service
coordination, and crisis intervention.? Excellent documentation and
computer skills required.? Knowledge of local community drug
trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs
of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial
implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and
treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems,
HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of
addiction.? Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy,
assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work
autonomously.? Exhibits good time management skills.? Ability to
work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer
service skills.? Knowledge of applicable State Code of Regulations
and 42 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Section 8.12.? Compliance
with accepted professional standards and practices.? Satisfactory
references from employers and/or professional peers.? Ability to
work in an interdisciplinary setting.? Satisfactory criminal
background check.? Self-directed with ability to work with little
supervision.? Demonstrate excellent observation, good nursing
judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide good written
documentation in a timely manner.? Flexible and cooperative in
fulfilling all obligations.Applegate leadership remains actively
involved in the opioid use disorder treatment community, working
tirelessly to improve state and federal regulations by educating
policy makers about the benefits of evidence-based treatments such
as methadone and buprenorphine therapy. PI112274573
Keywords: BayMark Health Services, Roanoke , Part Time Counselor, Other , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!