Forklift Operator I - 1st Shift
Company: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Requisition ID: 62483
Posting Locations: Roanoke
1st Shift - 7am - 3:30pm
[ Link Removed ]
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
- Paid Training
- Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
- 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Group Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision &
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Forklift Operator I is responsible for various assignments,
duties, and tasks within the Warehouse which may or may not require
the use of a PIT Forklift to complete. These responsibilities may
include pallet building, Inbound Unloading, Outbound Loading,
Replenishment of the Pick Floor or Vertique Mezzanine Areas, and/or
the fulfillment of Customer Orders. This will be accomplished by
traveling through the warehouse pick area and retrieving and
stacking specific products and quantities as specified on the Pick
Ticket assigned while maintaining any determined expectations of
safety, accuracy, and/or efficiency. This position will also
perform other tasks assigned by Warehouse Management including, but
not limited to, pallet stacking, handling damage restack and/or
rework, stacking product, and picking up or down pallets -
utilizing a Pallet Jack when applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Retrieves and places quantities of cases of product onto a
pre-determined pallet(s) as instructed by the assigned pick ticket
in a manner that is safe and builds a stable pallet of product,
also known as Pallet Building, meeting or exceeding warehouse
expectations in safety and accuracy.
- Unloads inbound product, raw materials, and/or deposit Items
and transports from the docks to their designated storage areas
within the warehouse in a safe, accurate, and efficient
- Loads outbound product and/or deposit items by transporting
from their assigned storage area within the warehouse to the
loading docks and placing them on the appropriate trailers in a
safe, accurate, and efficient manner.
- Replenishes product to the warehouse pick and/or vertique
mezzanine areas by transporting such from their assigned storage
areas within the warehouse to their specific assigned location/bin
within the pick and/or vertique mezzanine area in a safe, accurate,
and efficient manner.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of work area and warehouse,
performs other tasks including pallet building as determined and
requested by management.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere while walking and
repetitively lifting 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and organize efficient and dependable
- Ability to adapt to needs of role in different work areas
throughout the workday and meet minimum expectations of those
different work areas.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions from a computer
- Attention to detail and ability to differentiate our
- Ability to work in a noisy and non-climate controlled (Hot in
summer/Cold in winter) environment.
- Intentional self-starter who takes initiative and proactively
seeks out value-add opportunities.
- Flexibility (Schedules/Hours change with the demands of the
- Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work
- PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) Certification: Pallet Jack,
Single Forklift, Double Forklift, Scrubber.
Noisy and non-temperature-controlled environment (Hot in
summer/Cold in winter)
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated, Roanoke , Forklift Operator I - 1st Shift, Professions , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!