Production Operator- Stuarts Draft Plant
Company: The Hershey Company
Location: Stuarts Draft
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA
Start Dates: February & March 2022
* Starting Payrate: $21.76 per hour
* Sign-on Bonus totaling $1000* ($250 paid after 60 calendar days
and $750 paid at 6 months)
* Repayment required if you terminate within 1 year
* $1 Shift Differential for select shifts & Overtime Potential!
* Relocation assistance for qualified applicants
* Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)-Starting DAY 1!
* 401(k) Retirement Plan - with generous company match
* Hershey Stock Purchase Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* 12 paid holidays
* Vacation time available after probationary period AND 10 days
vacation in year two
* We ask that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends,
overtime and holidays
* Schedule assignment upon hire is determined by plant needs.
Openings on 2nd and 3rd shift
Candidate Process: Please note- communications will be through
email and text. Ensure you have access to a valid email
* Qualified applicants will receive an email to schedule for a
phone interview *
* Post-Offer Drug Screen and Background Check required *
* Valid ID required
Come Make More Moments of Goodness with us as a Production
The Hershey Company Stuarts Draft plant is a Non-Union plant
producing products such as Reese's (peanut butter cups, FastBreak,
Sticks, Pieces, filled shapes and NutRageous), Baking Chips, Take5,
Mounds, Almond Joy, Whatchamacallit & Cookie Layer Crunch, in a
high-speed complex environment. As a Production Operator, you will
work in a variety of roles in processing and packaging within the
plant. Operators are responsible for maintaining our highest
quality of food safety standards, sanitation standards, perform
daily audits, and complete daily production paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operate processing or packaging equipment as assigned
* Perform various checks to include metal detector, date code and
weight systems checks
* Clean, inspect and lubricate equipment as part of our Autonomous
* Observe safety procedures
* Observe Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
* Observe good housekeeping practices
* Complete quality checks and associated daily production
Required Minimum Qualifications:
* Must be at least 18 years of age by time of hire.
* Must possess a High School diploma/GED by time of hire.
* Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
* Must be able to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
* Must be authorized to work in the United States.
* Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions,
decimals, and whole numbers.
* Basic computer skills.
* Must have a valid e-mail address that is checked daily
* Experience in a manufacturing/food manufacturing environment
including the following: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe
Quality Foods (SQF), Autonomous/Preventative Maintenance,
Continuous Improvement, and Warehouse Management Systems such as
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of
The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified
applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an
individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion,
citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any
other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the
application process, please contact the HR Service Center
Keywords: The Hershey Company, Roanoke , Production Operator- Stuarts Draft Plant, Professions , Stuarts Draft, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!