Special Projects Manager
Company: Moore's Electrical & Mechanical
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionMoore's Electrical & Mechanical is now seeking a
qualified candidate to lead our Special Projects Division in our
Commercial Service department. Be a part of a growing team with an
amazing culture, reputation, and benefits! **Apply today and start
the process with a confidential phone interview to explore your
opportunities with Moore's!Responsibilities:
- Work aggressivley to market Moore's to build a customer base to
include sales and estimating of projects
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with
customers, subcontractors, vendors and engineers
- Negotiate pricing with subcontractors and vendors to include
purchasing of equipment and materials
- Build and maintain project budgets and schedules to ensure
- Manage and be responsible for project team's work including the
Field Foreman. This includes productivity, enforcement of policies
and procedures, coaching, and accountability.
- Responsible to maintain an over billed position, as well as
process receivables and retainages. This includes review and
approval of invoices in a timely manner.
- Price, negotiate, and process change orders while maintaining
the change order log.
- Work with Tools & Equipment to ensure proper tools and
equipment are being utilized efficiently on projects. This includes
coordinating with T&E on delivery and pick up of tools and
- Make constructive suggestions to the Department Manager on
improving procedures, productivity, and efficiency. Keep the
Department Manager updated on major developments on projects,
positive and/or negative.
- Maintain Moore's safety culture on job sites.
- Perform other duties as requested from the Department
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or 5+ years of
experience in construction site management
- Working knowledge of HVAC system installs
- Thorough understanding of the estimating process
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including both
written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time managements
skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Willing to assist and collaborate with others when issues
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft products
- Must be willing to travel overnight occasionallyMoore's offers
a substantial benefits package including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term/long-term disability insurance
- Seven paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan and more!For more information,
please visit our website at www.mooreselectric.com.
Keywords: Moore's Electrical & Mechanical, Roanoke , Special Projects Manager, Professions , Altavista, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!