Project Estimator Sr
Company: Integrated Talent Strategies
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) is seeking a Senior
Transmission Project Estimator in the Roanoke, VA area to work for
a top utility and energy company. This position offers a variety of
great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), and paid time
Position Summary: The Senior Transmission Project Estimator will
perform highly technical estimating evaluations for complex
projects and outage activities in a safe, efficient and economic
- Develop or oversee the development of conceptual estimates for
assigned projects; support the planning and engineering groups in
the development of all levels of estimates; and collect and analyze
close out benchmarking data.
- Interface with engineering, outage planning, project
engineering/management, construction, plant personnel and project
controls-scheduling to identify/initiate, scope, status and
follow-up (if necessary) estimate efforts. This includes providing
recommendations and guidance to interfacing groups/individuals
regarding estimate approach and input requirements.
- Establish policies and procedures for allocating risk-based
contingency; monitor labor market trends; work closely with
procurement to track equipment pricing trends; develop and analyze
historical records of project costs; review and critique designs
and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives
- Implement policies and procedures defined in project estimating
methods developed by the controls group for the long-range planning
and capital development process; develop and maintain standardized
processes and procedures for estimating; review estimate basis and
assumptions for completeness and reasonableness; work with
functional departments and service organization to develop services
labor and material estimates.
- Provide advanced technical direction and guidance regarding
estimate approach/development, assumptions/qualifications, and
resolution of estimate issues.
- Plan, instruct, and/or coordinate the training and development
of estimating employees, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project
Management, Engineering or related field of study.
- 4 years of experience in power generation and/or transmission
system estimating, engineering, design or construction
- Experience in the electrical utility sector.
- Experience with estimating software packages.
- Experience with Primavera a plus.
- Strong knowledge of current market pricing trends and
construction execution for capital projects.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
About Integrated Talent Strategies (ITS) - -
ITS is an international recruiting and staffing firm specializing
in Engineering, Technical and Professional positions. - Founded in
1984 as a subsidiary of an engineering firm, ITS continues to
remain a strategic partner for the job seeker. - - -
Our clients include some of the largest and most respected
architectural, engineering, and manufacturing companies in business
today. - Our ability to offer a wide range of services, and the
flexibility to adjust to the changing needs of our clients, has
allowed us to maintain a solid reputation for several decades.
Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with
a company match; paid holidays and vacations; tuition
reimbursement. - To learn more, go to or click below to directly
contact your recruiter.
Keywords: Integrated Talent Strategies, Roanoke , Project Estimator Sr, Professions , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!