Electrical Discipline Manager
Company: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
Posted on: February 14, 2019
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking an Electrical Discipline Manager in Roanoke, VA, who will be responsible for knowing how to do the work committed to in proposals and assigning / leading the appropriate resources to do the work for discipline area. Assist Project/Client Managers by providing engineering resources a design team - to help meet the client s desires and budget. Duties would also include some involvement in direct MEP sales and assisting with sales efforts for multidiscipline projects. In short, provide the design/engineering resources and guidance to accomplish our commitments. Experience with Design/Build projects is a plus. Reports to the Chief Engineer.
Supervisory responsibilities of a Discipline Manager include:
* Growing, mentoring, and developing the staff within discipline area to allow each person to achieve their maximum potential.
* Minimum annual evaluations for each direct reports.
* Providing technical guidance/leadership for discipline area.
* Organizing staff in a way to allow career advancement, professional development, quality client service, and operational efficiencies to meet business and project financial goals.
* Taking a very active role in recruitment of staff in discipline area including networking, recruitment, interviewing and deal closing .
Discipline Managers are expected to provide the following to others on the design team to effectively and successfully complete projects:
* Technical and Quality oversight of all project work for discipline area.
* Establishing/improving standards for discipline area.
* Adherence to project design schedule.
* Notification to Project/Client Managers if established project design schedule cannot be met. Notify in enough time to appropriately handle the situation, preferably at the latest 2 weeks prior.
* Adherence to discipline project budget. Review and provide updates on project budgets at milestone dates. Reviewing discipline budgets weekly.
* Attention to project scope during the design process to identify potential additional services.
* Identify staff performing design of the project, along with a senior staff member if required.
* Identify Engineer of Record.
* Provide general updates of projects (status in the process, tasks to complete, percentage complete currently, etc.)
* Identify milestone dates when each discipline should provide information, at each phase, to allow sufficient time to good design coordination.
* Provide 'on-the-spot' advice and decisions, technical and cost estimates.
* Coordination with all of the disciplines involved, including outside consultants.
* Work schedule for discipline showing:
* Project assignments and priorities
* Delivery due dates for group project commitment s
* Simply put Discipline Managers control all production resources and all commitments must come from Discipline leaders. Conversely accountability for our deliveries comes from Discipline Managers.
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Accomplished (15+ years experience) Professional Engineer; knowledgeable of construction process, familiar with AIA and state construction contracts; self-motivated with highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Experience in staff management/department management. Experience in the design of various MEP systems, and an understanding of document preparation utilizing a BIM/Revit platform. Well organized, takes good notes. Good conceptual understanding of plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems with general knowledge of system operation, space requirements, cost.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.
Keywords: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated, Roanoke , Electrical Discipline Manager, Professions , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!