Guest Service Agent (Evening Shift)
Company: Hampton Inn Roanoke/Hollins 187
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are -YOU -an enthusiastic and energetic professional who loves
We are looking for a full-time team player who loves to make people
Our hotel is currently accepting resumes and applications for the
position of Guest Service Agent with the Front Office team. A Guest
Service Agent is responsible for selling rooms, registering and
assisting arriving and in-house guests, in the hotel's continuing
effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial
We are central Virginia's largest hotel management company! -Having
tripled in size to 65 hotels over the past ten years and with an
aggressive portfolio across full and select service brands, we also
own and operate hotels under Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott,
InterContinental and Choice flags.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Our benefits
plan is comprehensive to include medical, vision, dental, life
insurance, spouse life insurance, child life insurance, short and
long term disability, 401-K, life insurance, critical illness, pet
insurance and an employee assistance program. - In addition, we
offer paid time off and hotel discounts among other perks and
Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Must have a personality and available to work all shifts
including early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late
evening, weekends and holidays, based on business needs.
- Must have demonstrated customer service experience in either
retail or service industry.
- A high school diploma is required. A 2-year or 4-year college
degree in communications, business management, consumer behavior,
hotel operations, tourism management is beneficial, but is not
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English
- Previous customer service, hotel, and/or related experience
- Multiple languages are beneficial, but are not required.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able to handle a large volume of guest interactions in an
efficient and courteous manner;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity programs, general
- Work well under pressure, requires being a team player.
- Efficient cash handling and general proficiency with using a
- Knowledge of Hilton OnQ is recommended
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistent and dependable attendance performance, based on
business needs. Employee is expected to have reliable
transportation to and from the workplace.
- Greet every guest with a smile and maintain eye contact.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional
demeanor at all times.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes adhering to the proper dress code when working.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with
fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Handle all aspects of guest check-ins and guest check-outs as
defined by the property standards.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, transfer calls to the
appropriate department or transmit messages.
- Responsible for cash handling, posting charges to guestrooms,
verifying credit cards and balancing bank at the end of the
- Take, confirm or change reservations as needed within guidelines
established by the property management.
- Be available and ready to assist guests with their needs-
including, but not limited to: information about the property,
assistance with luggage or with directions to restaurant,
sightseeing locations and local events.
- Take ownership of all service issues brought to your attention by
- Always communicate with other employees with empathy and
- Must complete shift reports including call arounds, bucket
checks, folio balances, etc.
- Maintain proper operation of all aspects of our Property
- Understand all fire/safety procedures and provide necessary
assistance to guests and employee in the event of an emergency.
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings
and special company events as requested.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and maintain a
drug free work environment. -We participate in E-Verify to assure
the employment eligibility of our staff to work in the United
States. -We do background and reference checks on potential
Please see our website for more information:
Keywords: Hampton Inn Roanoke/Hollins 187, Roanoke , Guest Service Agent (Evening Shift), Sales , Roanoke, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!